Bus Drivers Needed!
Elkins School District needs route drivers, substitute drivers, and trip drivers.
We will train you!!
So how do you become a part of the Elkins Transportation Team? Follow these steps:
1. At the Arkansas Revenue Office pick up the Class B CDL Packet to receive certification for Class B CDL with the Air Brake certification, the passenger endorsement, and the School Bus endorsement. You will have to bring a certified birth certificate or passport and the cost of the packet is $50 – save your receipt, the district will reimburse you.
2. Study sections 1-5 and 10-13 in the manual, along with the ‘S’ endorsement study handout you received with the manual.
3. Take your written test at the Arkansas State Police testing site: 1120 W. Monroe in Lowell.
4. After passing the written test return to the revenue office for your permit.
5. Call the Elkins Transportation Department at 479-643-2628 or email Jeff Graves at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule time for training and testing for the Pre-trip Inspection, Basic Skills Course, and Driving Test.
6. Your driver's license will be changed to a CDL license – save your receipt – the district will reimburse you for the cost!